Have you ever heard someone confess something along these lines?
“In the end, everything about downsizing was expansive for me… it turned out to be the greatest blessing in disguise. I’m actually relieved things happened exactly the way they did.”
(Here you could swap out ‘downsizing’ with ‘getting fired’, ‘breaking up’, ‘getting sick’, ‘getting rejected’, ‘having to move back in with my parents’, and a whole number of seemingly contractive things.)
But here’s the thing:
Expansion may not be what we think it is.
Like for me when I bailed on Secret Sauce Society (my bread and butter mastermind program) super last minute in order to free myself up to really BE in my very real, very consuming, very heart-opening but humbling transition into motherhood, there really wasn’t another option if I was going to be true to myself. Everything about downsizing was expansive.
So I have a few questions for you…
A little check-in with your interior:
- What can you let go of for more freedom – more spaciousness, more ease?
- What can you say NO to – that will free you up to say YES to something that you care more deeply about?
- Where can you make sacrifices – in order to experience relief?
- What are you afraid to let yourself feel (because you’re afraid that it’s ‘contractive’ thinking and it will attract more to feel contracted about) that you actually need to give yourself permission to feel… because it’s not going to stop tugging at you and you won’t be able to move past it until you address its presence?
- Whatever it is, can you walk into the heart of it and STAY? There is wisdom here. Perhaps some very real concerns that need acknowledging and tending to, that will lead to a much needed PEACE within you once you give them the time and attention they need.
- What drains you and how can you do less of it? What nourishes you and how can you do more of it?
- What feels scary to your ego but nurturing to your soul?
Would love for you to share your insights and aha’s.
Happy counter-intuitive expanding.