Are you 100% certain about the work you want to do in this world?
Most of us aren’t.
Especially because our ideal work can change so much over the years (or even months) as we evolve.
So… if, right now, you don’t know exactly what your calling is, or you’re having a hard time narrowing it down, I invite you to:
See if these questions help.
(Go ahead. Grab a pen. Take the time. Answer these questions now. You’re worth it.)
1. What are you GOOD at, that you love to do, that has the potential to make you a lot of money?
2. Where do you really shine so brightly that people tell you, “Holy Moly, this is YOU in your element!”?
3. If you knew you couldn’t fail, and money were no object, what would you do for a living?
4. What are you wired for, that comes really easily to you, that you wish you could devote way more time to… if you only had the time?
5. Have you ever had someone tell you, “Oh my God, you’re amazing! Why doesn’t everyone know about you? I need to tell all my friends about you!”? If so, what skill set or aspect of yourself was this person highlighting and praising?
6. What “secret” fantasies do you have about your dream career?
7. How do you complete this sentence? “If I could just __________, all day long every day, I’d be the happiest person on the planet!”
Look back at your answers now –– did you notice any trends?
Were there one or two “baskets” you could’ve put all of your “eggs” into? In other words, is there a particular direction or area of focus that you now see you really need to point yourself in more deliberately?
The more you can engineer your career or business to allow you to flex and share your natural gifts, talents, and passions, the happier you’ll be and the more people will love the results and value they get from you.
And the more they’ll come back for more!
Now how about a little clarity and inspiration BONUS on top of what you’ve already done?
Write a quick (realistic but exciting) “bucket list” and refer back to it frequently.
*Bucket list: A list of things you want to do before you leave this world, AKA “kick the bucket”––only this one is focused on the next 3 to 36 months only.
**Go for things that feel expansive, fun and liberating vs. focusing on shitty “now” situations or big problems that you have to solve.
Things I want to accomplish/experience within the next 3 months:
Things I want to accomplish/experience within the next year:
Things I want to accomplish/experience within the next 3 years:
Writing it all out like this helps call it into your life––and ending this exercise with the following statement (say it out loud!) helps give you a sense of hope, trust, and positive expectancy vs. grasping, doubting, or needing it all to unfold in a specific way:
“All this… or something better!”
Have fun with this. And please feel free to comment and share some of your favorite discoveries and bucket list items! 🙂
So much love,
P.S. The questions in this post were extracted from just one of the dozens of clarity and empowerment exercises we do inside the Abundant Yogi PHD program, our flagship mindful marketing, personal branding, and lifestyle design course that helps you turn your “expensive hobby” into a business that spoils you rotten. If you’re not already enrolled in that program and you want to go much deeper with this work, you need to check it out. Go HERE to do that.