How many times have you suddenly stopped what you were doing––just for a split second––to glance at the clock (for no apparent reason, kind of like an impulse or reflex), and when you did, the clock read 11:11, or maybe 1:11?
For me, it’s an almost everyday occurrence.
But my favorite of all these theories is that, when the 11:11 or 1:11 appears to you, it is your wake-up call; a reminder to reflect on whatever you are doing for a moment and remember the Big Picture; to take a good look around you and see what is really happening; to see the opportunities that surround you to step into Greater Love.
That makes me smile.
Because it’s such a feel-good theory, I’ve always loved the 1/1, 1/11, and 11/11 dates on the calendar. I tend to schedule really special, fun, and transformative events and outings on these days. Which is why the Secret Sauce Society officially kicks off on 1/11/11 and wraps up 10 months later on 11/11/11.
So here is your first little tidbit. Take it to heart:
- Make amends;
- Ditch 2010’s bad habits;
- Decide on what you really want; and
- Map out your plan of action.
Look back at that list.
You’ve attempted something pretty close to that in years previous, haven’t you? Perhaps more than once…
So, just for kicks, how about try something DIFFERENT this year?!
Instead of forcing the old, “buckle down, focus, strive, and commit to fixing what’s broken” technique, try this on for size:
- Find all the things in your life you have to be grateful for NOW… because what you appreciate, appreciates.
- As for all the OTHER STUFF, look at it and say, “Thank you for the lovely contrast. Because of it, I now know what I REALLY REALLY want… and I’m READY for it!
- As you define this experience, this circumstance, or this thing that you REALLY REALLY want, focus on WHAT you want, and WHY. Trust that the HOW will show up at the perfect time, in the ideal way, and that when it does, you’ll know it because it will feel so “in your flow”. Claim your desires, own them, feel proud and worthy of them… because you are.
- Take action as inspiration, insight, and inner hunches lead you to (never out of obligation). You really can’t get the action part wrong as long as you follow your pleasure, trust your gut, and do what excites you and makes you come alive! And if you ever hit a wall where you don’t know what to do, just engage in something… ANYTHING! And remember to be easy about it because nothing you want is upstream.
- At all costs, DO NOT sit and “spin”. Spinning in your monkey mind––worrying, doubting, comparing, fearing, what-if-ing––it’s never your truth. Your truth is likely right behind what scares and excites you the most. So run, don’t walk, straight towards it with an open heart.
P.S.You know that teaching what you’ve just learned, discussing it, or writing down your thoughts on it helps you integrate it, right? So I suggest you do it… NOW.
Thinking about it is one thing, but expressing/sharing this desire of yours brings it another step closer to you. And I want to support you in that so spill the beans. 🙂
Leave me a comment below and tell me about YOUR “lovely contrast” from 2010, and what, as a result, you’re now SUPER CLEAR that you’re READY for now…. in 2011!!